27 – 30 July 2023 19 – 22 October 2023
Join Ros Tennyson, experienced trainer and facilitator, for an open retreat where a flexible programme is co-created by the group. Open to anyone who is looking for some quiet but purposeful time in beautiful surroundings as part of a small group. Contact us for accommodation options and prices.
With a choice of a Spring, Summer, Autumn, or Winter retreat, Space to Be is an opportunity for you to step back from your daily life, breathe more deeply, and enjoy some silence in order to enhance your sense of well-being. Completely non-denominational, the retreat is designed for you to make it your own whether your focus is on physical and mental health; relationship to the natural world; reflecting on your life’s journey or simply taking an opportunity to let go and see what happens.
Possible activities include
- Sharing stories and experiences
- Personal reflection, journaling, and mapping
- Writing, drawing, and painting
- Reading and listening to music
- Exploring nature and the senses
Each day starts with a meeting where the group agrees a plan for what they would like to do together and what they would like to do alone. The day will end with a gathering to share reflections. Facilitation will be ‘light-touch’ and all activities are entirely optional.
Past participants report that Space to Be enables them to
- Relax and recharge by ‘time off’ from their day-to-day life
- Become more present by quietening their busy minds
- Deepen awareness through personal reflection
- Express themselves creatively through words and pictures
- Develop a sense of community by connecting with others
Visit www.spacetobe.info for more information!
A selection of resources will be available during the retreat including:
- Art materials including paper, charcoal, acrylic paints, water-based crayons, paintbrushes, and felt-tip pens
- Books on topics such as meditation, mindfulness, poetry, wellbeing, rewilding, storytelling and more
- CDs suiting a range of musical tastes
- Maps and guidebooks of the local area
- Notebooks to capture reflections, thoughts, and ideas
- Quotes and images to challenge and inspire
- Cushions and bolsters for quiet times sitting or lying down
You are welcome to bring your own resources such as art and craft materials, books, musical instruments, meditation stools, yoga mats, and walking gear.
Ros Tennyson, a founder, and former director of Trigonos, Ros has also worked for over thirty years as a professional facilitator, trainer and thought leader in promoting collaboration and partnerships for sustainable development in many different parts of the world. She has written several books and manuals on this subject and has, more recently, taken up creative writing. She has a strong commitment to enabling individuals to find their place within a group. Please visit www.rostennyson.info for more information.
Contact us for latest prices and accommodation availability. A deposit will be required to secure your booking. As the facilitator donates her time a charge of £25 per participant is included to cover her expenses. A voluntary donation to Trigonos can be made on departure.
Space to Be is offered for groups of no more than seven people, so book early to avoid disappointment! To make a booking please complete a booking form at the top of this page and return to [email protected].